Urtopia 2-Year Limited Warranty
All Urtopia bikes are covered under our 2-year Limited Warranty for the owner against all manufacturing defects.
Period and Terms
The warranty would be registered automatically when the initial purchase has been made. In addition, the warranty is under the INITIAL PURCHASER and the 2-year warranty will be started once you receive the e-bike. As for the warranty transfer, the e-bike transferee can only enjoy the warranty when the following two conditions are met at the same time:
- The 2-year package hasn't expired since the initial owner has received it.
- You have the initial purchaser's name & the initial order number.
Urtopia will replace any part that is deemed to be defective or damaged (including damage incurred during shipment) without user error. The warranty covers the listed parts and follows the terms below:
Urtopia e-bike’s frame is covered by a replacement warranty for 2 years. This warranty includes a replacement frame only. Frame styles and/or colors not in stock may be replaced with a compatible style and/or color at the discretion of Urtopia.
Urtopia batteries are covered by a replacement warranty for 2 years. During 2 years of service, a defective battery will be replaced at no cost to the customer. The warranty period for a replaced battery is automatically extended by six months based on the original purchase date. Batteries can be assessed and found defective directly by Urtopia only.
Original Urtopia parts below are covered by a 2-year limited warranty.
- Wheel hub
- Carbon belt
Not Covered by Limited Warranty
- Ordinary wear and tear not resulting from defects in workmanship or materials. Wear and tear must be assessed by Urtopia. Parts typically not covered include:
- Brake system
- Labor charges for part replacement.
- Defects or damage resulting from accident, abuse, misuse, abnormal use (including but not limited to stunt riding, racing, or other similar activities not consistent with the intended use of the product), improper storage, abnormal exposure to liquid, chemicals, moisture, abrasives, sand or dirt, neglect, or abnormal physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.
- Scratches, dents, and cosmetic damage not caused by Urtopia.
- Product that has the serial number or the bar code removed, defaced, damaged, altered, or made illegible.
- Defects or damage to the products caused by the use of accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by Urtopia with the product.
- Defects or damage caused by improper assembly, testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, repair, or adjustment in a manner that varies from Urtopia’s assembly instructions & user manuals.
- Defects or damage resulting from external causes, such as collision, fire, flooding, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source.
- If you believe there's something wrong with your e-bike or any parts of it, please fill out the Service Form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for warranty claims. Proofs of purchase and photos/videos of the damaged product are required with a warranty claim, and will be inspected by Urtopia technicians. Before making a claim, we suggest you read FAQs first since there may be a simple fix.
- Urtopia shall not be liable for costs, damages or repairs incurred as a result of e-bike parts purchased from an unauthorized dealer.
Incompleteness & Shipping Damage Claims
In rare instances, the item received may:
- have missing parts or accessories
- be different from what was ordered
- be damaged during transportation
If any of the above situation occurs, please read our Return Policy for your reference.
1. This warranty policy only applies for Urtopia's official sales regions.
2. Urtopia reserves the interpretation right for all warranty terms above.